Today Apple has decided to release tenth version of their tenth operating system – OS X Mavericks. The new OS X includes a plethora of new features and improvemnts over the OS X Mountain Lion. Best of all – it’s completely free and you can download it here.
Here is a list of new features, via Apple’s press release:
- iBooks, which gives you instant access to your iBooks library, more than two million titles in the iBooks Store™, and works seamlessly across your devices;
- Maps, which brings powerful mapping technology to the desktop and lets you plan a trip from your Mac and send it to your iPhone® for voice navigation on the road;
- a streamlined Calendar that estimates travel time between appointments, and provides a map with weather forecast;
- a new version of Safari with Shared Links, which helps you find what’s new on the web by consolidating links shared by people you follow on Twitter and LinkedIn;
- iCloud® Keychain®, which safely stores your website usernames and passwords, credit card numbers and Wi-Fi passwords and pushes them to your trusted devices so you don’t need to remember them;
- enhanced multi-display support, which makes using multiple displays easier and more powerful, with no configuration required;
- interactive Notifications, allowing you to reply to a message, respond to a FaceTime® call or even delete an email without leaving the app you’re using;
- Finder Tabs, which help unclutter your desktop by consolidating multiple Finder windows into a single window with multiple tabs; and
- Finder Tags, a powerful new way to organize and find your files located on your Mac or in iCloud.