Apple today unveiled the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus. Design-wise, they are almost identical to last year’s models, but these devices went through a lot of internal changes, including:
- 3D Touch, a brand new force-sensing technology, which allows for new gestures like “peek” and “pop” in addition to tapping, pinching, and swiping. Apple’s new handset is the first smartphone to use this type of technology.
- The new A9 processor, which is 70% faster. Graphics are 90% faster compared to the last year’s chip.
- Brand new 12MP camera that captures images in higher detail and has better autofocus. The new camera shoots 4K video as well.
- New Touch ID that is twice as fast as before.
- New 5MP FaceTime camera.
- The new iPhones bring support for Live Photos, pictures that you can save and watch animate using the 3D Touch.
- Wi-Fi and LTE are twice as fast as before.
It’s also important to note that Apple is using new 7000 series aluminum and brand new glass, both of which offer higher durability. The new iPhones come in four colors – Silver, Space Gray, Gold, and a brand new color – Rose Gold. The new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus are going to be released on Friday, September 25th. Pricing is as follows:
- iPhone 6s 16GB: $199 on contract, $649 full price off contract
- iPhone 6s 64GB: $299 on contract, $749 full price off contract
- iPhone 6s 128GB: $399 on contract, $849 full price off contract
- iPhone 6s Plus 16GB: $299 on contract, $749 full price off contract
- iPhone 6s Plus 64GB: $399 on contract, $849 full price off contract
- iPhone 6s Plus 128GB: $499 on contract, $949 full price off contract